Position SummaryThis position is responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, placement and ongoing management of volunteers along with managing relationships with areas of volunteer service throughout Children's Health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic relationships with various departments and areas of service throughout the organization to provide placements for volunteer service. This includes developing and maintaining successful volunteer positions, training, and ongoing management efforts.
- Recruit appropriate individual volunteers and groups throughout the community to fulfill the volunteer needs of the organization.
- Select and onboard volunteer candidates. This includes facilitating various orientation sessions, reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, assessing appropriate roles and ensuring all training is completed.
- Maintain volunteer records to ensure that they are up to date including annual background checks, annual training, annual performance evaluations, annual health check and ongoing communication efforts with volunteers.
- Provide ongoing supervisory responsibilities for volunteers; addressing performance issues, recognizing successes and problem solving issues as they arise.
- Represent Children's Health in interactions with the community at large through work with service groups, corporate donors, local schools/universities, the Women's Auxiliary to Children's Medical Center, non-profit service organizations, donors and many others.
- Insure that all regulatory and compliance related policies, guidelines and procedures are followed. This includes education of staff in other departments and volunteers on how regulatory standards affect them.
- Serve as a resource for organizational problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Social Services, Public Relations or Business, is required.
For more information, visit the Children's Health website here.