photo home-44.png photo rss-39.png photo facebook-29.png photo twitter-41.png photo pinterest-47.png photo instagram-31.png photo you-tube-2.png



Monday, April 9, 2012

The Chairman's Spotlight



The gorgeous Libby Hunt will be Chairman for the 1st annual Callier Cares Luncheon. This luncheon will be on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at the Dallas Country club promptly at 12:00 p.m. Callier Center for Communication Disorders at the University of Texas at Dallas improves the ability of over 4,000 patients with speech, language, and hearing disorders to connect with the world. This luncheon should bring amazing opportunities for many people throughout our community for years to come. We recently caught up with Libby herself and learned a little bit more about the center as well as herself.

1.) Why is this cause so special to you?
Callier Center For Communication Disorders is special to me because my father, Mike McCullough, has been on the board since the early 60s. He was instrumental in forming their foundation and Callier becoming a part of UT Dallas. Both my parents were involved in The Crystal Charity Ball funding to implement the Cochlear Implant Program. The program has been life changing for children and adults. Callier is a cause with eternal value.

2.) Since Spring has sprung, what are some of your favorite Spring activities to do here in Dallas?
My family loves when spring arrives. We love the outdoors and enjoy visiting the Dallas Arboretum and The Nasher Sculpture Center. Spring is also a perfect time to visit the Dallas Zoo.

3.) How do you spend your free time when you are not working for a charity?
When I'm not working on different charities, I spend time with my husband, three children and dear friends.

4.) With you being such an influential person within the community, who is it that inspires you to do bigger and better things?
My in-laws, Nancy and Herbert Hunt, and my parents Sharon and Mike McCullough, inspire me. They have always given so generously of their time. Their example has inspired my entire family. I have always admired Ruth and Ken Altshuler for their fine contributions to our community. Their leadership has been a beacon and an inspiration for all of Dallas. It is our great fortune to present them the first Callier Care Award at our inaugural luncheon on May,10th.

5.) What is your favorite quote?

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13



No comments:

Post a Comment