photo home-44.png photo rss-39.png photo facebook-29.png photo twitter-41.png photo pinterest-47.png photo instagram-31.png photo you-tube-2.png



Saturday, September 13, 2014

NTFB Food 4 Kids Update

I'm so thrilled to have joined the board of the North Texas Food Bank this year.  I believe so passionately in the work they do and I am honored to be asked to help!

I've written about the Food 4 Kids Letter Writing Campaign on this blog many times in the past so I wanted to keep you in the loop on the 2013-2014 results!  They are great!!!!!

Because of the generous donations sent in by supporters and the wonderful work of co-chairs Kathryn Beach, Lael Brodsky, Marisa Huckin and Meagan Sells, $430,000 was raised through letter writing alone!  That means 86,067 backpacks were filled with food for chronically hungry children to eat over the weekends when they were not able to eat school provided meals.

I've been in several of the schools distributing food on Fridays and I've seen the looks on the faces of these darling children and I can't tell you what an impact this program has on hungry children in the 42 independent school districts across North Texas the we serve.

If you are interested in being a part of the 2014-15 Letter Writing Campaign, please reach out today!  Karla Dechavez can help you find a spot on the committee or help you make a gift.  I can't wait to see what the amazing 2014-15 co-chairs Joyce Goss and Joanne Teichman have in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment