photo home-44.png photo rss-39.png photo facebook-29.png photo twitter-41.png photo pinterest-47.png photo instagram-31.png photo you-tube-2.png



Tuesday, March 19, 2013


We recently sat down with the lovely Yvonne Crum who is a huge supporter of The Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas. This is the seventh year of Fresh Faces of Fashion and they have already raised over a million in the past six years which is huge for a small venue. Thirteen amazing young women will be modeling in the Stanley Korshak Fashion Show on Friday, March 22nd at 6:30 in The Crescent. These influential woman of 2013 include: Haley Anderson, Nicole Barrett, Peyton Blackwell, Paige Hardison, Bailey Harrison, Bentley Hill, Jessica Jones, Cristina Lynch, Maddy McKinley, Priya Bhola Rathod, Rachel Riley, Melody Rogers and Nicole Stewart.

Why is this cause so special to you? 

The Suicide and Crisis Center is important to me as it gives hope to those that have lost a loved one to suicide.  Several of my friends that have lost a spouse, child or best friend have regained hope through “The Survivors of Suicide Program” when they thought they would never be able to go on with their life. The change that I have personally seen has allowed me to volunteer my time in order to help others who have gone through such a long emotional journey.  “The Teens Can Survive Program” through SCC has also been an amazing program that has helped many teens within the community which is absolutely life changing.


 Now that Spring has sprung what are some of your favorite Spring time activities to do here in Dallas? 
Dallas has so many wonderful activities where  I can take my beautiful grand-daughter, such as the new Klyde Warren Park and the amazing  Perot Museum.  I always look forward to the Dallas Arboretum and the beautiful flowers of Dallas Blooms, it is one of the most beautiful sites in the world to me. Each Spring I look forward to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party held at the arboretum with all of my crazy friends in hats and beautiful spring time attire surrounded by the lovely setting. 

How do you spend your free time when you are not working for a charity? 
My favorite thing to do when I am not begging for one of my charities is to meet friends for lunch at Cafe Pacific. We can spend hours just visiting and catching up each Saturday. Dallas is attracting so many amazing musicals, plays and great artists in which they feed my love for anything to do with theatre and concerts. We are a popular city on any major personality's itinerary so there is lots to attend.

With you being such an influential person within the community, who is it that inspires you to do bigger and better things?
Ruth Altshuler is my idea of what each of us in our community should strive to emulate. She does everything with such style and grace.  Ruth is the name that you are so happy to see on any major event because you know that it will be spectacular and she is not just a NAME on the letterhead she is a 'worker'! 

What is your favorite quote? 
My favorite quote is by Mike Todd, “Being broke is a temporary situation and being poor is a state of mind.” This quote is by a major film producer who produced "Around the World in 80 Days." This quote was referring to how he felt being poor when a few projects recently didn’t make it to the big screens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment