Monday, October 29, 2012

The Dallas Opera's FIRST NIGHT

The Dallas Opera launched its “Pursuits of Passion” season last Friday with FIRST NIGHT, a black-tie fundraising red carpet event and the opening-night production of Guiseppe Verdi’s Aida. Along the red carpet, Dallas’ top designers showcased their creations donned by celebrity models from the sports world including Kim Dawson Agency model and wife of former Dallas Cowboys player Daryl Johnston, Diane Krebs Johnston who wore Geoffrey Henning; Olympic medalist and world champion, Martina Moravcova wearing a Khanh Nguyen original; and fashion designer Nicolas Villalba were among other notable FIRST NIGHT honorary attendees.
The FIRST NIGHT red carpet reception celebrated the opening of the 56th season of the Dallas Opera. The Dallas Opera is a non-profit organization and each tax-deductible donation is vital to make opera happen. Ticket sales cover less than 40% of the cost of the main-stage productions and year-round community outreach programs. The remaining 60% are dependent on the generosity of donors. Donating to The Dallas Opera is easy. To take advantage of the easy-pay-option email tracey.hull@dallasopera.org or call the Development Offices at 214.443.1062.

No comments:

Post a Comment