photo home-44.png photo rss-39.png photo facebook-29.png photo twitter-41.png photo pinterest-47.png photo instagram-31.png photo you-tube-2.png



Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Chairman's Spotlight: Ashley Roberts

Hi RSVP Readers! This week's Chairman Spotlight honors the lovely Ashley Roberts of CW33's DFW Close Up.
Learn more about this inspiring lady by checking out her interview with our wonderful ambassador, Dakota, below!

Ashley Roberts



Recently I had the pleasure of interviewing Ashley Roberts, the chairman of the {very successful} fashion show, "Light the Runway," that was held this past weekend at Tootsies. 
The fashion show proceeds went to the fabulous non-profit group, "Dress for Success." 
Their mission is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged
women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the 

career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.


Dakota: Why is this cause so special to you?

Ashley: Being a working mom myself, I understand the stress and difficulties that so many of us encounter in daily life. Adding financial struggles or unemployment to the mix, is hard to imagine. As citizens of our community, I believe it is our responsibility to help each other and give back. As the host and producer of CW33's DFW Close Up, a community affairs program, it is a joy for me to bring to light as many community events and fundraisers as possible every Sunday morning. When given the opportunity to also play a role in these events, I am truly honored. Organizations such as Dress for Success are key to helping many women get back into the workforce and living a happier life. It makes me beyond happy knowing I have potentially helped or impacted members of our community - even if it's just one life, and that is what makes Dress for Success so special to me.

Dakota: Since Spring has now sprung, what are some of your favorite spring time activities to do in Dallas?

Ashley: Visiting the Dallas Arboretum is at the top of my "Spring Time" adventures list, as well as visiting the Dallas and Fort Worth Zoo. I also like to make mental notes of restaurants or little cafes that I have not yet visited, and try to check out as many of them as possible (love getting fresh air -- so particularly the ones with patio areas) with family and friends. And of course, strolling the Katy Trail!

Dakota: How do you spend your free time when you are not working for a charity or a fundraiser?

Ashley: Spending time with my husband and sweet little boy. We love flying kites and going on walks in our neighborhood. It is a delight for me when his little face lights up when he sees butterflies and all there is to explore outdoors - especially in the Spring time. I've recently started up jogging again and it is such a great feeling! I also love checking out the newest plays and musicals being showcased around the DFW Metroplex.

Dakota: With you being such an influential person in the community, who is it that inspires you to do bigger and better things?

Ashley: First - thank you! What a compliment. So many of the guests who I interview on my show are the ones who inspire me. It is such a privilege to be the one giving people an opportunity to tell their story, but what I do pales in comparison to what so many of my guests have gone through or are doing to make a difference in the lives of others. For instance, Abby Rike, a former "Biggest Loser" contestant came on my show to talk about her newly released book at the time, "Working It Out". She had lost her husband and two kids from a horrific car accident, which is unfathomable to me. But wow, the way she has picked up the pieces is astonishing. She lost tons of weight, wrote a book and is inspiring others, and even found love again. She inspired me and so many of my other guests do, too. In the world of broadcast TV, however, I would have to say that I really admire Good Morning America's Robin Roberts (no - no relation!). She just seems so genuine and kind in all she does and I adore those qualities in a person.


Dakota: What is your favorite quote?

Ashley: This is such a hard question for me, as I absolutely love reading and sharing uplifting quotes. They can really motivate you if you're having a bad day or dealing with a struggle. I am particularly drawn to Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes. One of my all-time favorites is:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment