photo home-44.png photo rss-39.png photo facebook-29.png photo twitter-41.png photo pinterest-47.png photo instagram-31.png photo you-tube-2.png



Wednesday, November 30, 2011

facebookpic

The Chairman’s Spotlight

Christine Mckenny is part of the Kids in the Loop foundation which is also part of The Gingerbread Stroll at Highland Park Village.

1.) Why is this cause so special to you? The Gingerbread Stroll combines all of my work experience into one event. After graduate school, I worked in social service non profit. During that time, I was employed at Genesis Women's Shelter and I started their annual luncheon. The event has grown into a wonderful fund raiser for Genesis! One never knows how big an idea may become! Following my work in non profit, I worked in residential real estate for ten years. I took an extended sabbatical when my daughter was born and was diagnosed with severe eczema. During my extended sabbatical, I started IN THE LOOP KIDS -- currently managed by an editor. I am selling residential real estate again and The Gingerbread Stroll, brings all of these experiences together -- children, charities, and houses, gingerbread houses! It will be great to donate 100% of the proceeds from the silent auctioned gingerbread houses to a children's charity each year! I have ideas to grow the event in the years to come.
2.) With the Holiday’s coming up, What is your favorite part about Dallas during the Fall and Winter months?
I love taking a carriage ride to view the Christmas lights with family and friends, as well as making an annual gingerbread house with my 5 year old daughter.

3.) How do you spend your free time when you are not working for a charity?
Free time usually revolves around my daughter's schedule -- soccer games, birthday parties, playing board games, and reading books before bedtime.

4.) With you being such an influential person within the community, who is it that inspires you to do bigger and better things?
I admire and respect my friend, Lynn McBee, who has been highly instrumental in helping The Gingerbread Stroll vision become a reality! She is a tireless leader for the organizations she supports and for our community. She is amazing! Yes, we have exchanged several 3am emails during the planning of The Stroll!

5.) What is your favorite quote?
"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it."
- Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment