8 destinations. 1 day. Free admission.
September 25, 2010
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fort Worth is a city where culture and heritage thrive together. Known for its legendary western roots, this city embraces the arts and is home to some of the most beautifully designed museums in the world, with outstanding collections and a vibrant performing arts scene.
The Fort Worth Cultural District is a gem in the heart of the city. Free transportation within the Cultural District will be provided by The Fort Worth Transportation Authority (details). The T will make a continuous loop throughout the district from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bring your family out for a FREE day of fun, culture, arts, and entertainment!
Free admission to all of the following:
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art - Ansel Adams: Eloquent Light
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden - Public Art Tour
- Fort Worth Community Arts Center - "Preservation is the Art of the City"
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History (Omni Theater and Noble Planetarium are an additional charge.)
- Kimbell Art Museum - Fiery Pool: The Maya and the Mythic Sea
- Log Cabin Village - Harvest Homecoming (12 noon - 4 pm)
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - Vernon Fisher: K-Mart Conceptualism
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame - the world of the cowgirl through memorabilia, interactive exhibits and multimedia presentations